Thursday 30 June 2011

They took my rail pass away, dammit

Hi world.

They took my rail pass away. I knew it was coming, but it didn't sting any less. Perhaps I built up this event into a moment of unnecessary unpleasantness, but for whatever reason I had been grimly anticipating this moment for years.

I think it's the naming of it "Young Persons Rail card".

You have one when you are young. It represents societies opinion that "hey, you are just a kid - exploring the world! havea third of rail travel!"

Without it, I have a worrying suspicion I am an adult.

That being the case I have decided to move to Canada. Vancouver specifically.

I know nothing of Vancouver except that

1)It was recently listed as the best city in the world to live in
2)It is by the coast

All indications are that this is going to rock :)

This blog will be the chronical of my attempts to up sticks and move overseas, my trials and tribulations, my battles with visa officials, and my attempts to find a job. I shall post photos and stories and it is all going to go awesome.


Here's to the adventure :D and new beginnings...

No comments:

Post a Comment